Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My map is coming along nicely, and Hexographer rocks!

 Another update. The map is getting to the stage where interesting locales will be laid down next- the fun bit. The next phase of this project is the one I've been looking forward to. So far it has been a slow grind, but I'm pretty happy with the base map I have to work with now.

Here is the map as it goes now, sideways...
And of course, I can't realistically come close to laying out the detail I would like at this stage. Pretty much pick a starting point, detail insanely within a few hexes radius, and then work outwards from there as required.

The western half of my regional map. Liking my improvised mountain topo here.
I must say, using Hexographer without tiles, just laying down organic shapes to build up a topographic map, has been a real revelation. I love the software so much now. It is actually really bloody versatile.

And the eastern side. Nice and sandboxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment